PRIVACY AND PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo needs to collect and use certain types of information about the Individuals or Service Users who come into contact with Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo in order to carry on our work. This personal information must be collected and dealt with appropriately whether is collected on paper, stored in a computer database, or recorded on other material and there are safeguards to ensure this under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) under directive (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament
2. Data Controller
Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo is the Data Controller under the Act, which means that it determines what purposes personal information held, will be used for. It is also responsible for notifying the Information Commissioner of the data it holds or is likely to hold, and the general purposes that this data will be used for.
Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo may share data with other agencies such as the local authority, shipowners, travel agents, visa agents, Consulates and other agencies.
The Individual/Service User will be made aware in most circumstances how and with whom their information will be shared. There are circumstances where the law allows Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo to disclose data (including sensitive data) without the data subject’s consent.
- Carrying out a legal duty or as authorised by the Secretary of State
- Protecting vital interests of a Individual/Service User or other person
- The Individual/Service User has already made the information public
- Conducting any legal proceedings, obtaining legal advice or defending any legal rights
- Monitoring for equal opportunities purposes – i.e. race, disability or religion
- Providing a confidential service where the Individual/Service User’s consent cannot be obtained or where it is reasonable to proceed without consent: e.g. where we would wish to avoid forcing stressed or ill Individuals/Service Users to provide consent signatures.
Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important to successful working, and to maintaining the confidence of those with whom we deal.
Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo intends to ensure that personal information is treated lawfully and correctly.
To this end, Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo will adhere to the Principles of Data Protection, as detailed in the GDPR (EU) 2016/679 act.
Specifically, the Principles require that personal information:
- Shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met,
- Shall be obtained only for one or more of the purposes specified in the Act, and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes,
- Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to those purpose(s)
- Shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date,
- Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary
- Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act,
- Shall be kept secure by the Data Controller who takes appropriate technical and other measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information,
Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo will, through appropriate management and strict application of criteria and controls:
4. Data collection
Informed consent is when
Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo will ensure that data is collected within the boundaries defined in this policy. This applies to data that is collected in person, or by completing a form.
When collecting data, Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo will ensure that the Individual/Service User:
- Clearly understands why the information is needed
- Understands what it will be used for and what the consequences are should the Individual/Service User decide not to give consent to processing
- As far as reasonably possible, grants explicit consent, either written or verbal for data to be processed
- Is, as far as reasonably practicable, competent enough to give consent and has given so freely without any duress
- Has received sufficient information on why their data is needed and how it will be used
5. Data Storage
Information and records relating to service users will be stored securely and will only be accessible to authorised staff.
Information will be stored for only as long as it is needed or required statute and will be disposed of appropriately.
It is Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo responsibility to ensure all personal and company data is non-recoverable from any computer system previously used within the organisation, which has been passed on/sold to a third party.
6. Data access and accuracy
All Individuals/Service Users have the right to access the information Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo holds about them. Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo will also take reasonable steps ensure that this information is kept up to date by asking data subjects whether there have been any changes.
In addition, Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo will ensure that:
This policy will be updated as necessary to reflect best practice in data management, security and control and to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments made to the GDPR (EU) 2016/679 act.
In case of any queries or questions in relation to this policy please contact the Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo Data Protection Officer on email or telephone +385 21 885 645.
Glossary of Terms
Data Controller – The person who (either alone or with others) decides what personal information Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo will hold and how it will be held or used.
GDPR (EU) 2016/679 act. – The legislation that provides a framework for responsible behaviour by those using personal information.
Data Protection Officer – The person(s) responsible for ensuring that Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo
follows its data protection policy and complies with the GDPR (EU) 2016/679 act..
Individual/Service User – The person whose personal information is being held or processed by Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo for example: a client, an employee, or supporter.
Explicit consent – is a freely given, specific and informed agreement by an Individual/Service User in the processing of personal information about her/him. Explicit consent is needed for processing sensitive data.
Notification – Notifying the Information Commissioner about the data processing activities of Pomorska Agencija Mustra doo , as certain activities may be exempt from notification.
Information Commissioner – The Information Commissioner responsible for implementing and overseeing the GDPR (EU) 2016/679 act.
Processing – means collecting, amending, handling, storing or disclosing personal information.
Personal Information – Information about living individuals that enables them to be identified – e.g. name and address. It does not apply to information about organisations, companies and agencies but applies to named persons, such as individual volunteers or employees within (GROUP).
Sensitive data – refers to data about: